“This is an awesome dish – fun and easy to make”.
Serves: 6 people
- 600g of large prawns
- 600g Rib-eye Steak
- 1 chourizo
- 1 large onion
- 1 green or red pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 6 Skewers (steel or wood) - We used bay leave tree skewers for more flavour
- Mannys Meat Marinade
- Clean and open the prawns by slitting the shell along the back with a pair of small scissors, then, remove the little black string on the back also called (poo pipe) I like to trim the legs and whiskers a little with the scissors as well.
- Trim an cut the steak into strips of 5cm x 2cm.
- Cut the chourizo diagonally in slices.
- Peel and cut the onion longitudinal about 2cm wide.
- Cut the pepper the same way as the onion.
- Stick the steak and the prawns in skewers the following way: Chourizo, pepper, steak, onion, prawn. Repeat the procedure twice more. Do the same with the other 5 skewers. If you have some steak or prawns left, share between all the skewers.
- Lay the skewers flat on a large baking tray and with a brush, marinate them with ‘Mannys’ Meat/Fish marinade on both sides, using half a bottle of the marinade. Let to marinade for 1 hour.
- The LM prawns are grilled on the BBQ, but you can also grill in an oven grill if you have one or on a flat top.
- Heat up your BBQ, on medium to high temp. Sprinkle some cooking oil on the grid. Lay the skewers flat on the grill and grill for 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the butter and add the lemon juice.
- Turn the skewers over and grill for another 3 minutes. If you have some marinade left in the marinating tray, baste it on the skewers. Turn them again for another 2 minutes. At this point, you can baste the skewers with ‘Mannys One for All sauce’, or your ‘butter lemon’. Turn them again for the last time. Baste again and serve.
- If the heat is set correctly, Prawns and Steak will now be cooked looking nice and brown.
- Serve with some chips, garlic bread and mixed salad.
- PS: do not forget the ‘Mannys Piri Piri. You can baste this on the skewers while on the grill before serve or drizzle onto your plate according to taste.