Excellent and easy to make. We have 1000s of customers asking for this recipe. Kids and adults alike, love this stuff!
- Whole chicken breasts (as many as needed) 150-200g size
- Mannys 'Chicken Marinade' (Plain or Hot)
- Mannys 'One for All' (Optional)
- Mannys 'The Special One' (Optional)
- Cut open in the middle (butterfly style) as many whole chicken breasts as you need.
- Grab a bottle of “MANNYS” Chicken marinade (Plain or Hot). Shake the bottle and marinate the chicken breasts, coating them on both sides with the marinade using your fingers or a brush. Please note that a 250ml bottle of marinade will be enough to marinate 3 Kg of chicken.
- For best result, leave the chicken breasts in the marinade for at least 4 hours, overnight will be perfect.
- Heat your BBQ on medium to high temp. Lightly sprinkle some cooking oil on the grill, as the chicken breasts are lean, these tend to stick to the grill.
- Lay the breasts on the grill making sure these are nice and flat on the grill and let cook for 5 minutes. (while cooking, rotate the breasts a couple of times (to cook evenly). Turn them over after the 5 minutes.
- Let cook on this side for 4minutes (Rotating as in previous step).
- With a basting brush, baste the Chickenburgers with ‘Mannys One for All’, if you don’t have that, in a small bowl, make the following mixture: 3 tbsp of Olive oil, juice of half a lemon, a pinch of salt, ½ tbsp of paprika and ‘Mannys Piri Piri’ if you desire. Mix well and baste.
- After the 4 minutes and the baste, turn the chickenburgers over to the initial side. Baste again and remove.
- Generously top with Mannys ‘The Special One’, or anything else you fancy
Serve on a bun or on a plate as a chicken steak, with chips or green salad.